- 2015 Theme: “Come See How We Play”
- The festival will be filled with events around hunting, fishing, camping, ATV riding and any other outdoor wildlife adventure. This idea was born in October 2014 when Fish and Wildlife joined with us to bring you the greatest festival ever. To help celebrate the theme, Tim Farmer, host and executive producer of Ky Afield, will be our Parade Marshall and will be on hand for an meet and greet. Keep listening to WSGS and WKIC for more exciting updates coming soon!!!
- We are currently accepting applications for food, commercial, and craft booths. See the “Contact” link for more information.
- Click on the Hazard Perry Tourism link to find more information on where to stay and what to do during your visit.
- Be sure to stop by and have your pictures made with the General Lee and other Dukes of Hazzard cars that will be displayed on Main St. on Friday and Saturday of the festival. They will also be in the parade. Click here to see pictures of the cars!
- Magician Mark Comley will return in 2015 and we are very excited about his upcoming family and children oriented shows! He will be set up in the parking lot between Hazard Insurance and Home Lumber bridge and will perform shows at various times throughout each day of the festival. You can visit his website www.markcomleymagic.com to see pictures or more detailed info.
- Twitter Contest:
The 2015 Black Gold $500 Twitter Scavenger Hunt will be held all 3 days of Black Gold. The Scavenger Hunt will have a list of photos that can be taken at the Black Gold Festival. Each photo will be worth one point with some items on the list being able to have multiple photos count. (Example: a photo of as many musical performers as you can take. In that case each different performance will count for one point.) The list will be made available on Facebook, Twitter, and in paper form at the Black Gold Committee booths at the opening of the festival on Thursday. Each photo must be tagged with the number of the item on the list and the official scavenger hunt hashtag that will be given out on the list. Participants must have a twitter account as only the photos posted to twitter with the correct format will count. The person with the most points at the end of the day on Saturday will win $500.
Visitors since March 26, 2013