2013 Schedule of Events
September 19 – 21
Kiwanis Karnival – 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- located next to Health Department in parking lot on Memorial Drive.
(The carnival will be open Sunday Sept. 22)
Craft Tents – 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- located in old L&N Parking Lot next to City Hall
- The craft tent will also include commercial vendors this year.
If you make a large purchase at the craft tent you will be given a temporary parking pass to pick up your items.
Black Gold Novelty Tent – 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- located in the picnic shelter at City Hall
Stop by and purchase your 2013 Black Gold Festival t-shirts, Case knives, hats, and many other items.
Fun Land – 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m
- located across from the picnic shelter at City Hall
Come have some fun climbing the wall, bungee jumping, or one of our many other attractions.
Dance Party - 8:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- located in front of the Court House
- local youth groups will be performing at this location on Saturday evening.
Come join our dance party hosted by local D.J. Michael Dwayne from WKIC 97.9
Dukes of Hazzard Cars – located in front of the parking structure on Friday and Saturday of the festival. Stop by and have your pictures made with these classic car replicas.
Black Diamond Street Rod Car Show – Registration 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- Main Street Parking Structure (Entry Fee $15.00 per car * admission $3.00 per person)
For more information contact Hal Dixon at (606)436-4820.
Trophies sponsored by Dixon’s Auto Body Shop.
2013 Black Gold Parade – 11:00 a.m.
Lineup for the parade will be on East Main St. The parade will start on East Main St., continue on to Memorial Drive and will end on Main St. All parade entries need to bring their application and $15 fee to pick up their number on Saturday starting at 9:00 a.m. at the Food Fair parking lot.