The 2016 Black Gold Festival Parade will be held on Saturday, September 17 at 11:00 A.M. Parade line-up will begin promptly at 9:00 A.M. at the old Food Fair parking lot on East Main Street. A $15 entry fee is mandatory and must be paid on the day of the parade at the lineup. Parade applications should also be brought to the parade lineup.
The parade route for 2016 will be the same as last year. It will start at Pizza Hut on East Main Street, continue on to Memorial Drive, and then go down North Main Street and end at Combs Motel. It will not go down Main Street.
By order of the Hazard City Police Department, no unlicensed or unauthorized vehicles will be permitted in the parade. This includes motorcycles, four-wheelers, dune buggies, mini-motor bikes, and go-carts. This is for the safety of the public along the parade route. They are allowing side by side ATVs this year during the parade only.
The Black Gold Festival Committee has the right to reject any entry that does not meet parade standards.
IF YOU WILL BE USING HORSES IN ANY FORM, YOU MUST CLEAN-UP AFTER THEM, BY ORDER OF THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE PROVISIONS FOR CLEAN-UP, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE PARADE LINE-UP.
1. The Black Gold Committee will not judge the parade categories. The decision of the judges is final.
2. Floats will be judged on appearance, workmanship, and the ability to convey the 2015 parade theme.
3. Parade entry fee is $15.00. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please bring with you to the line up along with your application.
4. Floats will be awarded 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies. Have a member of your group at the stage immediately after the parade to pick up the trophy when the winners are announced.
5. All entries should prominently display the name of the organization they represent.
6. Speed limits will be 15 m.p.h. on the parade route. Stopping to perform along the parade route will not be allowed.
7. Height of the parade entries may not exceed 15 feet.
8. The Black Gold Committee, the City of Hazard, and/or Perry County cannot be responsible for the loss incurred due to accidents before, during, or after the parade. Your entry in the parade implies the waver of liability is understood.
9. The parade will begin promptly at 11:00 AM on Saturday September 17, 2016. You should be in your designated parking area no later than 10:00A.M.
10. The check in place to receive your entry number will be at the old Food Fair parking lot on East Main starting at 9:00A.M. The line up will be on East Main Street, near PIZZA HUT.
11. Please bring tape or something to affix your entry number to the driver’s side of the windshield of your parade entry. We do not provide tape for any signs, only the entry number.
12. The Black Gold Committee does not get involved in any active political campaigning. If your are a candidate running for political office, the only signs that can be displayed on your vehicle can state your name and the office you presently hold. If you do not hold an office, the sign can only state your name. There will be no active campaigning along the parade route. Nothing can be thrown from the vehicle or handed out to the spectators for campaigning purposes at any time during the parade.
13. Four categories of floats will be judged: (1) commercial, (2) non-commerical, (3) Shriner’s division, and (4) side by side ATVs.
Please print the parade application and bring it to the lineup along with the $15 entry fee on the day of the parade.